At Advantage Records Management & Storage we take our storage containers seriously. When your Firm uses our Standard Cartons you can be certain that you are using the finest quality storage container.
Advantage Records Management has designed our Standard Carton to hold over 200 lbs while empty, our Standard Carton will not only last better than generic standard boxes but will also save you money in the long run because they will hold up under longer retention cycles and rougher handling, and in some cases may be reused by your Firm. These low cost storage containers are available only through Advantage Records Management & Storage. These Standard Cartons are designed with the end user in mind to help your Firm resolve records disposition and storage concerns. Letter size or legal size files are easily accommodated in our 200# test records cartons.
While we do not require clients to use our Standard Carton we certainly do prefer it, and most of our customers do too!
Standard Record Carton
(16.5”L x 12.75”W x 10.5”H)
Pack only one record series per box (i.e. May 1992; Payroll Jan. to Mar. 2001; K-M).
- Keep files in their original file folders, but remove PedeFlex hanging file folders. These will not fit into the cartons and will keep the box lid from fitting securely.
- Keep filing order sequential if you wish Advantage Records Management staff to locate a file within a box.
- Do not use rubber bands to group your files; rubber bands deteriorate, break and files are co-mingled.
- Pack folders upright with letter size folders facing the 12-inch short side or legal size folders facing the 15-inch long side of the box.
- Do not over pack or force files into a box; it should be easy to slide a hand into the box to retrieve a file (We recommends filling up to 85%).
- If you are using our Carton, remember to write the content information on the front, and you may affix the label on the either side of the box.
- If you anticipate adding more files to the box, leave sufficient room for growth.
- If you need boxes, E-mail Us. Our boxes are incredibly sturdy and strong, and are guaranteed for the entire time your files are stored at Advantage Records Management.
Advantage Records Management & Storage is a full service records management center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa offering organizations in Eastern Iowa solutions in the management of records, files, boxes of documents, and other sensitive media such as microfilm, backup tapes, or x-rays…all the while maintaining ease of access.